September 3, 2019
Is your student looking for a place to do their homework after school and/or get some help on their homework? Look no further! Spectrum’s Directed Study Program will be starting up next Tuesday, September 10th. The program will run through the spring of the year and will be offered on Mondays, Tuesdays, and Thursdays from 3:15 to 4:45 p.m. This program is designed for those students who are interested in additional structured time to work on homework, receive math support, and aid them in their organizational skills.
Students will be required to sign up for the program and attendance will be taken.
Note: Directed study will be FREE OF CHARGE this school year.
The Directed Study Program is available to all students in grades 6-12. Students will report to the rooms listed below in each respective building unless otherwise noted:
- Spectrum Middle School: Sixth grade will meet in the Stanford classroom.
- Spectrum Middle School: Seventh & Eighth grades in Room #105 (Mondays) and Room #106 (Tuesdays and Thursdays).
- Spectrum High School: Room #217 (Mondays and Thursdays) and Room #215 (Tuesdays).
All students will be held to the following:
- Students must be picked up by 4:45 p.m. at both sites;
- Students are expected to remain in the classroom for the entire 90 minutes with the exception of planned breaks provided by the supervisor. They are only permitted to leave early with written parental permission;
- Students who have had repeated behavior problems at school will not be eligible to attend the Directed Study sessions; and
- All school rules apply to the Directed Study Program.
Registration is essential for planning purposes and is required. Registration for the sessions must take place online via the form below. There will be no exceptions. If registration is not received by the Friday before the sessions are held, students will not be permitted to attend the sessions and will need to leave school at the end of the school day. Last minute drop-ins are not allowed.
We look forward to offering our students this excellent enhanced learning opportunity. If you have any questions or are in need of additional information, please do not hesitate to contact us.
Mark Leland Greg Heinecke
High School Principal (Grades 9-12) Middle School Principal (Grades 6-8)
Please complete the information below and check all dates when you anticipate your student will attend the Directed Study Program. You are encouraged to schedule a minimum of one month at a time. However, scheduling by the prior Friday for the upcoming week is workable. Be sure to click submit at the bottom of the page to complete the registration process.