Spectrum’s vision is to be a leading college preparatory school of choice committed to high standards and exceptional programing.
Spectrum’s mission is to equip students with the knowledge, skills, and attributes to successfully navigate the college and career of their choice and positively impact the world around them.
Authorized by Volunteers of America-Minnesota, 924 19th Avenue South, Minneapolis, MN 55404.
We're an AVID driven school . . . Transforming Schools for College Readiness!
Spectrum believes that...
- Small schools/class sizes meet individual needs, foster relationships, and provide a safe and supportive learning environment.
- Staff who are trained, caring, and effective are essential to meeting the unique needs of our students.
- Parents/guardians are the students’ primary educators.
- Participation in co-curricular activities leads to increased leadership, teamwork, self-discipline, and academic achievement.
- Engagement in learning and challenging coursework lead to increased self-confidence and high academic achievement.
- College and Career readiness is achieved through rigorous coursework, targeted support, and individual determination.
- Technological competency is vital to students’ future success.
- Reaching the community through service creates positive change in oneself and others.
- Upholding high expectations builds self-discipline, self-respect, and self-reliance.
- Modeling collaboration and continuous improvement leads to a healthy and sustainable organization.