Important 2023-2024 District E-mails
Below you can find copies of vital e-mails that Spectrum has sent out to the Spectrum community during the 2023-2024 school year. This is a great resource for families who are joining us throughout the school year.
Please see the attached communication for information on the following:
(1) Open House; (2) Fall Athletics; (3) Student Schedules; (4); Supply Lists; (5) Busing; (6) Spectrum Gear; (7) Employment Opportunities; (8) Online Registration; (9) New Breakfast/Lunch Program and Caterer; (10) Educational Benefits; and (11) Important Dates
School districts across the state are seeking creative ways to fill remaining teaching staff positions for the upcoming school year. Spectrum is doing the same.
We are reaching out today for your help in filling three teacher openings at Spectrum:
(1) Middle School Art (with some HS art electives);
(2) 6th Grade Language Arts; and
(3) Middle School Technology.
Spectrum is a great place to work with amazing families, staff, and students!
If you know a teacher looking for a change or someone with a four year degree (any field) that has considered exploring teaching, please have them contact Dan DeBruyn, Executive Director, a.s.a.p. at (763) 450-9845 or ddebruyn@ spectrumhighschool.org. This is also a great opportunity for someone looking to further their education since Spectrum will pay for the master's program! We also work with applicants to obtain the necessary teaching license.
More information on open positions and applications can be found on Spectrum's website here.
Thank you for helping us maintain safe and efficient traffic flow. Here are a number of important updates that have come up in the first two days:
1. We anticipate that cones will be set up at the crosswalk between the 6th and 7/8 buildings during drop off and pick up times starting after Labor Day. This means there will be no through-traffic allowed in the alley during drop-off and pick-up. It will be important to establish a pattern of only using the entrances and exits designated for your student(s) school building (i.e., 6th grade should use the south entrance and 7/8 the north entrance from Industrial Circle).
2. Families with students in multiple buildings should choose one building for drop-off and pick-up and have their other students walk. This will lessen traffic congestion. Middle school siblings riding with a high school student driver are encouraged to walk to their building from the high school student parking lot in the morning. They will also meet their ride in the high school student parking lot after school. Student drivers are dismissed after the buses leave.
3. No pick-up or drop-off should take place in the lot between the 6th and 7/8 buildings . Spectrum does not own the lot as it is shared with neighboring businesses. There are numerous open spots on the outside of the 7/8 parking lot that can be used for this purpose.
4. Drivers entering the high school lot should enter from the north (making a right turn) whenever possible. This helps cars to avoid going through the crosswalk on Industrial Circle or making a left hand turn across traffic.
5. Consider adjusting pick up times, when possible. Pick up time only takes around 10 minutes once students are dismissed. Parents/guardians wanting to avoid pick-up lines or lengthly lines entering Twin Lakes Road should consider arriving at 2:35 p.m.
Please see the attached communication with important updates on the following:
1. School Picture Days - including this Friday
2. IT Updates: Absences and Chromebook Insurance
3. Ready for School Protocol
4. Veterans Day Program Speaker Request
5. Reminders about Late Start Mondays
6. Update on NEW Physical Education Field Construction
7. Employment Opportunities
8. Important Upcoming Dates/Events
9. Reader's Choice Voting - Star News
Please see the attached communication for important updates from Spectrum.
Please see the attached communication for important updates on the following items:
1. Transition and Growth - Athleitcs, Activities, and Facilities
2. Job Oppportunities
3. Spread the Word - Enrollment Applications Due
4. Seeking a Graduation Speaker
5. High School Student IDs
6. School Improvement Team Member Interest
7. Sign Up for Texts about Busing and Weather-related (or other) Emergencies
8. Thanks for voting Spectrum "Best Charter School"!
Please see the attached communication for updates from Spectrum:
1. Construction Update
2. Ready for School Protocol Reminder
3. School Board Recognition
4. School Board Election Reminder
5. Job Opportunities
6. Spread the Word - Spectrum enrollment
Please see the attached communication for important school updates regarding the following items:
1. Upcoming Football Meetings (Student and Parent);
2. Conferences - March 7 and 12;
3. Spring Stingwear on Sale Now;
4. School Board Elections; and
5. Job Opportunities.
Important 2022-2023 District E-mails
Below you can find copies of vital e-mails that Spectrum has sent out to the Spectrum community during the 2022-2023 school year. This is a great resource for families who are joining us throughout the school year.
Please see the attached communication for important updates regarding the following:
1. Free/Reduced Lunch Application
2. Fall athletics registration and required mtg.
3. Current employment opportunities at Spectrum
4. Student Transportation Information Form
5. Student parking passes
6. School supply lists
BACK-TO-SCHOOL FORM ACCESS NOW AVAILABLE
Spectrum's Open House is right around the corner! Details concerning the event will be sent out soon but in the meantime, Spectrum is encouraging all families to take care of a number of details right now to ensure students are ready for school and receive their assigned Chromebook as quickly as possible once the first day of school is underway. You can find the a list of items to check off before Open House at: https://www.spectrumhighschool.org/new-families/returning-student-online-enrollment-packet
SPECTRUM SUMMER 2022 MAGAZINE
There is always a buzz happening around Spectrum High School and Spectrum Middle School. To showcase this, Spectrum releases district-wide quarterly magazine publications to highlight various accolades, events, and activities.
AUGUST/SEPTEMBER LUNCH ORDERS
Please see the attached communication for information on ordering school lunches for the months of August/September. Orders are due by Tuesday, August 23rd.
If you are interested or know someone who would be a good fit, please contact the person listed below or apply online at https://www.applitrack.com/spectrumhighschool/onlineapp/.
This is a full-time, 10 month position. The following skills and experience are helpful, but not required: school health office experience, health care or medical office experience, and Infinite Campus (student management system) experience. Main duties include helping students with health needs, detailing and accountability related to student attendance, working with the Human Resource Manager to schedule substitutes, and communicating as needed with outside agencies. This position is currently located in the high school office. Contact Patty Jorris, Human Resource Manager.
Under the direct supervision of the Special Education Coordinator, the paraprofessional assists teachers with students in the classroom to meet academic and other goals and objectives in students' individualized educational plans. Contact Nikki Woken, Special Education Coordinator.
ATHLETIC TRAINER (or EMT)
Responsible for providing medical coverage at athletic events and practices working with coaches, athletes, and medical professionals to evaluate the player condition. Use knowledge of sports-related injuries to diagnose and treat athletes. Make referrals to physicians or other medical staff members, as needed. Assist and monitor injured players as they heal and progress towards recovery. Design rehabilitation programs and maintain close communication with athletes and their families. Conduct concussion return to play protocol. Maintain accurate records with strict confidentiality. Maintain medical supply inventory and restocking.
Hours are primarily weekday afternoons and evenings with some Saturdays. The position requires certification as an athletic trainer or EMT. Must have experience and understanding of sports injuries, treatment options, first-aid, CPR-AED, and medical equipment. Excellent interpersonal, problem solving, decision making, and communication skills. Will consider job sharing.
Contact Rick Peterson, Activities Director.
This position is located at the 7th/8th grade building serving meals and carrying out related lunch room tasks, as needed. Hours include approximately 2 hours each school day. Contact Jennifer Russell, Food Services Manager.
The Concession Coordinator is responsible for the operation of all concession areas, including staffing, equipment, supplies, and products. This is a part-time position that is primarily late afternoon and evening hours with occasional Saturdays. Must have a clean driving record and be self-motivated with good organization and communication skills. Contact Rick Peterson, Activities Director.
ASSISTANT VOLLEYBALL COACH
Responsible for coaching and helping develop the girls volleyball program at the high school level. Will oversee one of the lower level teams, teach volleyball skills, supervise players, and prepare student-athletes for competition. Preferred applicants should have a strong background in volleyball with demonstrated coaching ability. The position will begin on August 15, 2022. Contact Rick Peterson, Activities Director.
Please see the attached communication with important information about the first day of school.
Please see the attachment for information on (1) employment opportunities, (2) transportation reminders, (3) health and wellness, and (4) upcoming schedule/events.
Please see the attached communication for important updates on the following:
*Parent/Teacher Conferences - Oct. 25 and Nov. 3
*Transportation - MyStop App Update
*Info from School Counselors
*Veterans Day Program Info
*Parking Lot Update
*Readers' Choice Award
*Annual Meeting Info - Oct. 27
Please see the attached communication with updates on the following:
*Parking lot, car riders, and traffic flow
*Holiday School Store
*Veterans Day Program and survey
Please see the attachment for important information and updates regarding the following:
*Social media changes; and
Please see the attached communication about new extracurricular activities coming to Spectrum soon!