Greetings Spectrum High School Families,
During this beautiful rainy, snowy, windy, and cold spring week, we have been busy here at SHS preparing both our 10th and 11th grade students for their respective MCA reading and math assessments, which will be administered next Tuesday morning (NOTE: 10th grade science will be administered on April 26th and 27th).
Although MCAs are only one assessment of several that are given each year, they are an important measurement tool for our school. Our MCA results provide us with much needed data that we make extremely important decisions about including: yearly site goals, programming for future years, and responding to identified gaps in our instruction. Additionally, the positive impact a proficient MCA score now represents for a student cannot be understated when it comes to potential acceptance into many of our C@SH opportunities.
You can help us prepare your child for their experience next week by encouraging your student to:
- Get a good night's sleep
- Eat a healthy breakfast
- Read through questions carefully
- Give their best effort
- Come prepared with a fully charged Chromebook, charging cord, book and pencil
We thank you in advance for partnering with us and taking into consideration the impact MCAs can have on our school.
Weeks At A Glance:
- Friday, April 15th: No School
- Monday, April 18th: Professional Development: No School
- Tuesday, April 19th: 10th grade Reading MCA and 11th grade Math MCA administration (9th and 12th graders excused from school until 3rd period, which begins at 10:40 am)
- Monday, April 25th: C@SH day / Delayed start / Scholarship Awards Ceremony @7:10 am in the CCC
- Tuesday, April 26th: 10th grade Science MCA administration
- Wednesday, April 27th: 10th grade Science MCA administration / Athletic Eligibility Suspensions
- Saturday, April 30th: Prom