Spectrum Community Service Opportunities
Community Outreach Mission
The purpose of Spectrum's Community Service Opportunities is to empower and to unify our communities through service, education, and action.
What counts as Community Service?
- Spectrum Community Service is intended for you to volunteer your services to someone in need.
- Raking, shoveling, mowing for a neighbor, childcare at a church, working at a food shelf, etc. counts as Community Outreach.
What does not count as Community Service?
- Spectrum Community Service oppotunities is not an activity in which you receive compensation or pay.
Please explore below for a selection of current opportunities to serve our community!
Cornerstone Auto Group is excited to let you know that we will be partnering with Feed My Starving Children
We are hosting a mobile pack event at: Cornerstone Ford/Chrysler on Sunday, March 22nd located at 17219 Hwy. 10 NW Elk River, MN 55330 with the following shifts available:
- Set Up - Saturday, March 21st, 2020 (Non Packing) from 2 - 4 PM
- Packing Meals - Sunday, March 22nd from 9 - 11 AM
- Packing Meals - Sunday, March 22nd from 12 - 2 PM
- Packing Meals - Sunday, March 22nd from 2:30 - 4:30 PM
- Tear Down - Sunday, March 22nd from 4:30 - 6:30 PM
We invite you to join us in producing these meals. Cornerstone will be recruiting 545 volunteers, raising $26,127 (24¢ for each meal) and producing 108,000+ meals at this event. You can help make a difference in the following ways.
· Volunteer: Adults and children (ages 5 and up) will measure and scoop ingredients, seal bags, and prepare boxes for shipping. You can register at https://www.fmsc.org/
· Donate: To help us meet our $26,127 goal please consider becoming a sponsor; donations may be submitted online, or you can give a check to your Cornerstone representative or bring a donation to the event. $88 feeds a child for one year. Checks should be payable to FMSC, memo line Cornerstone Mobile Pack Event 2003-105EA.
About Feed My Starving Children
By volunteering, donating, or fundraising, your generosity makes a huge difference in the lives of thousands of children in need around the world. At least 6,200 children die each day from hunger-related causes (UNICEF). FMSC is a Christian nonprofit hunger relief organization working with volunteers to produce MannaPack™, which is proven to reverse malnutrition and accepted by cultures worldwide. Partner organizations in nearly 70 countries around the world distribute these meals to children in greatest need. To learn more about FMSC, visit fmsc.org.
We hope to partner with you in this important event!
Cornerstone Auto Elk River
I hope you are doing well and I thank you and your school for your past help with the Nowthen Heritage Festival.
In addition to our fall festival we hold a Spring Breakfast Fundraiser at Nowthen Alliance Church at the corners of County Roads 5 & 22. This year's date is Saturday, April 4th. I am hoping you can help us out with some volunteers.
I'm looking for the following help:
Friday, April 3 - 6pm - 8:30pm (could be done earlier depending on how many volunteers there are)
Set up the church: set tables and serving stations, prepare clearing carts and fill gift bags for kids
Saturday, April 4 - 7:30am - 12:30pm. This time can also be split into 2 shifts 7:30- 10:30 and 9:30-12:30 or however long someone can work,
The students would rotate between serving food, clearing and setting tables, washing dishes (auto dishwasher) and handing out kids gift bags.
I try to stay with 3 or 4 hour shifts, however, I can work with most anything as long as I know in advance. As far as the number of volunteers, I can guarantee anyone who signs up will be assigned duties. Each student will be provided with breakfast.
If you have questions e-mail, call or text.
More information can also be found on our website http://www.nowthenheritagefestival.com/
Thank you for your continued support.
Nowthen Heritage Festival
6633 191st Avenue NW
Nowthen, MN 55303
September 12, 2018
Hello, my name is Darlene Anderson and I’m the Life Enrichment Director at Elk River Senior Living. Elk River Senior Living opened this summer and we are excited to be part of the community.
We have residents moving in and we’re becoming more and more active. I’m writing to let you know we may be able to help some students if they need Volunteer Service Credits.
Some of the ideas would be to have students assist with activities such as Ice Cream Socials, table Games, walks outside, read to a senior, maybe some can play an instrument or sing.
Students that are interested in volunteering are welcome to contact us, whether they need credits or not
Life Enrichment Director