To sign up for bus service, please read the transportation policy and then click on the button at the bottom of this page to fill one transportation form per student. Thank you.
Bus Transportation Policy
Board Approved: August 18, 2011
Board Amended: October 20, 2011, December 15, 2011, January 18, 2012, March 23, 2017
Policy Number: 601
Spectrum High School has approved the following transportation policy as per Minnesota Statute 124E.01.
It is required that each student register annually for transportation. This transportation registration form must be
submitted to the school office each year by a predetermined deadline. Students residing outside of District #728 seeking transportation will be considered based on seating availability from current bus stop location.
Assigned Bus and Stop
- Students are assigned to specific buses and stops by the bus company with which we contract. These stops will be centrally located. There will be no home pick up or drop off locations assigned. Parents or guardians will receive a communication prior to the start of the school year that contains transportation information such as pick up and drop off locations, bus numbers, and times.
- Students are only allowed one pick up address and one drop off address. These address locations may be different, but must be consistent every day of the week.
- A student who is not assigned to a particular bus or stop, but wishes to ride home with another bussed student, may only do so with written parental permission provided by both students involved. Permission notes must be turned into the school office where a bus pass will be issued for the student to give to the bus driver.
- A bussing student who wishes to be dropped off at a stop for which they are not assigned to may only do so with written parental permission. Permission notes must be turned into the school office where a bus pass will be issued for the student to give to the bus driver.
- Bus routes and scheduled time stops will be posted on the website.
Bus Routes & Stops
Bus stops and routes are designed with consideration of safety, efficiency, cost effectiveness, and shortest over-all ride times.
- The transportation goal is to establish bus routes so that no student rides for more than 1 hour. We however cannot guarantee this will always hold true for everyone on every route. Bus stops are established at the discretion of the bus company management. School bus drivers do not have the authority to change or add a bus stop.
- Students should plan to be at the scheduled bus stop five minutes prior to pick up time.
- Parents should plan to be at the scheduled bus stop five minutes prior to drop off time.
- Parents missing the assigned drop off stop may safely drive to another stop on the route and wait for the bus to arrive. Students may then depart the bus to meet their parent or guardian.
Bus Stop Changes
Bus stops are reviewed annually and changed as necessary to meet the needs of the majority of students requesting transportation.
Bus Riding and Stop Behavior
Students are expected to follow the same behavioral standards while riding school buses as are expected on school property or at school activities, functions or events. All school rules are in effect while a students is riding the bus or is at the bus stop.
Consequences for school bus/bus stop misconduct will be imposed by the school administration. Serious misconduct may be reported to local law enforcement. Consequences will be determined according to the Student Handbook.